Tuesday, November 11, 2008

ABC can suck it!

I love to watch shows online. It is embarrassing to admit, but I don't have cable. I keep meaning to get it hooked up, but with everything I love being available online, it just doesn't make much sense. That being said, I have a long standing hate on for the ABC full episode player.

It is choppy, slow and incredibly frustrating - to make matters worse, they are constantly "updating" it to make it even more cumbersome. Today I just finally had enough!

Why don't they just get it right first, and then tinker with it? I work crazy hours and often don't get to see Ugly Betty on Thursday nights, so I try to catch up on it when I can during the weekend or following week. It has gotten so frustrating that I've stopped watching altogether because the story moves so quickly from week to week.

I don't understand why it's so hard! NBC has an amazing player. For that matter, so does MTV. ABC brass, take note, when the ads you inject into the online shows are flawless, while the content skips like a broken record - you need to (to borrow a line from my favorite SNL Weekend Update Analyst), "FIX IT!"

I'll be waiting.

2 comments:

nightwatcher234 said...

you could always download a torrent of the show the following day. You know I live in the UK and i am still up to date with "Brothers and Sisters". It is surprisingly simple

Rage-A-Mus Prime said...

bah!