Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Great Gorge Adventure

The Niagara Gorge is one of the most beautiful, and over-looked, aspects of the Niagara region. The gorge was created by the progress of Niagara falls as it literally cut this huge canyon out of stone at a very rapid pace (geologically speaking). Each step downstream takes you 100 years into the past.

As I mention briefly in the clips below, I spent a lot of time in the gorge as an adolescent. We used to camp on the shore of the Niagara Whirlpool. These wilderness adventures had less to do with taking in the vista and more to do with under-age drinking and carrying on. C'est la vie.

I tried to cut these scenes into a more comprehensive film but the resulting epic was too large to post onto Youtube. As a result I have picked the best clips and have pasted them below.

Before we get started, let me address the soon to be obvious elephant in the gorge (as it were) - my hair. Please forgive me if I decline to discuss how my hair became that shocking Blorange color, and merely reassure you that it was fixed shortly thereafter. Done and done. Enjoy!
























No comments: