Monday, March 9, 2009

On The Watch II

I had a very wonderful, and frenetic weekend.
Saturday started with a massage and shave at HALO spa for men in the Gold Coast, followed by lunch with Joey B at Red June and then book shopping at Shake, Rattle and Read. We then spent the rest of the afternoon reading/relaxing and then ordered a delicious Thai dinner and watched SNL (was it just me or was the whole cast super AWKWARD????)

Sunday morning we had brunch at Tallulah and then went to the Davis to see "The Watchmen".

The movie was pretty much in line with what I expected. It was visually stunning, the violence could have been rendered a little less graphically for my tastes (but I'm definitely not the primary audience for this flick) and it ran just a bit too long - I would have cut maybe 10-15 minutes out to speed up the pacing which, when you consider that it's a 2 hours and 43 minutes picture, isn't really a lot to lose.

I thought the acting bordered on the cheesy occasionally, but on the whole I walked out very satisfied. I may even venture over to see it at the IMAX - this is a movie that should be seen on the largest screen possible.

After the film, Joey B and I did more reading/relaxing had calzones for dinner and then watched the Celebrity Apprentice. Actually, looking back, my weekend doesn't seem so frenetic after all. I guess you had to be there.

No comments: