Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Art is in the Voices

I have always been fascinated with the process of creation - in particular I am drawn to the deconstruction of the process. Whether the topic is music, film, and art (in all it's various forms) - listening to an artist who is able to speak coherently about their process is a rare and wonderful thing.

Much to Joey B's chagrin, I watch film commentaries constantly to get an insight into all of the elements that went into the final product. I even once attempted to watch the Director's Commentary on a Hilary Duff movie (to see if even a bad movie could be rendered more interesting - in this case the answer was a resounding NO). I would, however, recommend listening to the Director's commentary on "American Beauty" - it is the gold standard of commentary in my opinion. But I digress.

Earlier today, I stumbled across this video on the Etsy blog where an Artist describes her work and her career path. I was incredibly inspired by her passion and her bravery. I hope you will be too.

No comments: