Monday, September 8, 2014

When Video Kills More Than The Radio Star...

I am incredibly conflicted about "video evidence". Sometimes, like in the case of the Ray Rice video, I think it can lead to a beneficial discussion around violence against women. In the case of a CEO who kicked a dog and was then fired, that video also engendered an important discussion around animal cruelty.



Releasing videos of beheadings by terrorist organizations, however, I am much more conflicted about.  What is their real value? It would seem to me that to release the videos created by organizations, such as ISIS, who have taken the time to deliberately film and distribute them makes the media culpable in aiding their cause.

Regardless, I never watch any of them. Give me a kitty, dressed as a shark, on a Roomba every time.

No comments: