Friday, March 8, 2013

Farmhouse Friday

Had the rare opportunity to have lunch with the amazing Praterlicious (aka Melis) today.  We decided to split the difference between our respective offices and meet at Farmhouse.

The food was delicious, and the company (it goes without saying) was superb.

We started with the house made sodas - I had the root beer, Melis had the pear spice.  They were both refreshing without the cloying sweetness of mass-produced soda.  The perfect palette cleanser.

For starters we shared an order of beer batter friend cheese curds (a bit bland for my taste) and house cured beef jerky with farmhouse roasted nuts (pictured).

For our mains, Melis had the classic grass fed burger and I settled on the short rib sloppy joe.  The food arrived promptly and both of us enjoyed them very much. I substituted the tavern cut fries for the house made chips - they were decent but not fantastic.

Overall, I would definitely recommend a visit to Farmhouse.  The location is convenient, the decor is in keeping with the theme and the food is sourced locally and/or from the mid-west whenever possible.  The beer list is very impressive and I will definitely go back when I have some time to linger over the many draft beers.

Happy Friday, everyone!

No comments: