Tuesday, July 28, 2009

ENOUGH!

I am beside myself with this ridiculous rumor, that had plagued the President for years, that he is not in fact an American Citizen. The White House has put his birth certificate on the internet, and actually addressed it repeatedly in press sessions (most recently yesterday). All I have to say is ENOUGH!

The fact of the matter is that nothing they attempt to do will ever satisfy a rabid portion of the populace who also subscribe to other conspiracy theories - like that the moon landing was staged, the world is flat, or the protocols of the elders of zion are real. Just stop already.

If I have to read one more article about it on CNN.com I am going to scream. For a small section of the populace, Mr Obama will never be a legitimate president, and whether it's because they believe that he was secretly born in Africa, or because they do not believe Hawaii is a real state, should we worry? My answer is a resounding NO.

This country is drowning under huge medical bills and suffering thorough a dangerous recession and economic crises. Am I really expected to care that the bunker crowd wont stop insisting that the President is illegitimate? Even into the 8th year of his presidency, it never stopped me from pointing out that GWB had only been elected once. Get over it, and get this health care bill passed. I need some extra strength advil.

No comments: