Monday, May 4, 2009

Wolverine? Skip It!


Joey B and I had dinner in Lincoln Square with Jason Fab on Saturday night and then went to the Davis Theater to see "X-Men Origins: Wolverine". All I can say is yawn, yawn, yawn.

Even the multi-talented boy from Oz, Hugh Jackman, seems like he's not sure what to make of the film, or how he ended up here. I gue$$ he thought it would help him to $tretch as an actor.

It was a hackneyed mess of action movie cliches and clunky one liners (though, what I assume are hardcore fans, laughed obligingly while Joey B, Jason and I cringed). They literally had the "cradling my dead girlfriend to my chest and screaming into the sky as the camera pulls up and spins" shot. It was brutal.

For those who cannot be dissuaded, I will not reveal any additional details, except this one. SPOILER ALERT: This movie sucks.

Fin.

No comments: