Thursday, April 23, 2009

Here Comes the Sun...

As we creep (far too slowly) towards the Summer, I can feeling a looming shadow. Blockbusters.

I, myself, am not a fan of Summer Blockbusters, but there are definitely a few movies I can't wait to see.

Exhibit A: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

I am DYING to see this movie. Joey B and I went to see the last installment (HP and the Order of the Phoenix) in 3D at the IMAX. It was fun (I loved the huge screen but the 3D wasn't as much of a component as I had anticipated) but I don't think we'll go that route again. I'm not even embarrassed to admit it.

Exhibit B: Bruno

I resisted seeing Borat in the theaters because I thought there was way too much hype. But I will definitely be putting on my leather short shorts and checking out Bruno. The link above is too a very racy preview (for Mature Audiences only). You've been warned.

Exhibit C: X-Men Origins, Wolverine

I'm actually kind of on the fence about this one. The last X-Men movie I went to see in the theater kind of sucked. I'm going to wait to hear the buzz and maybe see it in it's second weekend. We'll see what Joey B has to say about that!

Besides the new HBO movie about the Beales, "Grey Gardens", these are pretty much the only movies I'm looking forward to seeing. What films are you excited about? Have your say in the comment section.

No comments: